I would like to remind parents of our students of the general bus safety rules. School bus drivers are highly trained professionals and take pride in their jobs. Their dedication to safety is second to none. With your help, our drivers can ensure the transportation of your children to and from school and activities.
Please take a moment to review the rules for your children and make sure they understand them. This would also help in transporting the children safely.
1. Be at your bus stop on time.
2. Stand clear of the stop until the bus has completely stopped.
3. Let small children board first.
4. Do not push or shove while getting on the bus.
5. Go directly to your seat; the bus will not move until everyone is seated.
6. Remain seated while the bus is moving.
7. Keep all parts of the body inside the bus.
8. Do not eat, drink, or chew gum while on the bus.
9. Look both ways before exiting the bus.
10. Move away from the side of the bus immediately.
11. NEVER go back to the bus for anything, no matter how important.
12. Always look at the driver; he/she will let you know when to cross the road.
13. If you hear the horn honk, return to the curb, this means there is some type of danger.
Parents please remember when dropping of children or picking them up, the bus loop is closed both morning and afternoon, so please be mindful of this. It is protecting all of our children. Drop offs and pick-ups should be made at the Loud Street entrances.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to as the bus driver or call the bus garage at 688-2922. Thank you.